Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thank you so much for such an amazing semester.

When I arrived in Ghana ready to study abroad for a semester I had no idea that not only would this country be so welcoming but how welcomed I would be into A Rocha Ghana community. These past four months have been a whirlwind of learning, traveling, and working and my time spent with A Rocha Ghana has taught me so many incredible things and allowed me to meet so many amazing people.
  When I first walked into the Accra office and was told what I would be working on the rest of the semester I was at first a little intimidated. To be surrounded by new people, a new language and doing things I have never attempted before not only allowed me to learn new things but forced me to learn quickly. This semester I have had the opportunity to learn how to re-design a website, help to keep this blog updated and create the A Rocha Ghana Facebook group. My internship with A Rocha Ghana this semester has helped me to gain a new perspective on conservation initiatives and what it is like working in a foreign country. 
  Ultimately I would like to thank everyone at A Rocha Ghana and to all who helped to make my time here in Ghana an amazing experience full of new sights, people, food, nature, etc. I can only hope that I have made such an impression on those who have made such a great impression on me. Thank you so much and know that one day I will see you again. Until then, "nante yie". 

-Stephanie Mock, student intern at the A Rocha Ghana Accra office

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us also.

    You commitment to work and dedication to learning and supporting new ideas has contributed a lot to profiling our work.

    Thanks so much and am sure our family is always ready to welcome you anytime.

    The best of times as your explore new territories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I may not know you, I am very impressed by the amount of work you have been able to do within the short time you were with ARG

    ReplyDelete